DID MAMA LIE…???



You tell me
Make plans for when the rain comes
But how do I survive this night
Without no roof

You always say
Make hay while the sun shines
But the grey clouds still stare
And the rain never stops

You tell me
A million dream awaits me
Every night before I lay
But then again, I've got short memories

I remember the sun of yesteryears
Piercing through our thatched roof
In big holes and intense heat
We had no privacy

The waters of banked up rivers
Flushing away our belongings
It's monstrous sights
Our yearly threats

Look beyond the grey
Keep hope alive
It just might be our Goldmine,
Another lie

They don't care about us poor people
Was how Dad explained it
But I didn't know we was poor
Till Dad proclaimed it

Yesterday
I walked the nights alone
I carried in my eyes
An orphan's fright

I hate the sunsets now
They remind of the happiness
I no longer have
Fading across the horizon

Did Mama lie
All these while
Or did her words
Just fail the test of time

You know, Mama always said
These grey hairs won't keep me away
I'll dance the happiest on your wedding day
But then again, "Where is Mama"…


Cc: @mylah_shyv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRACKS in the Street

NIGERIAN ABSENT FATHERS...

BLOCKCHAIN...The New Internet