LETTERS TO JUNE…





Been a long while
Since I got this all prepared
For an Homecoming
2 years to be exact

I was almost pretty sure
I was done for good
Little wears and tears my womb gave
Due to the "Formers"

Papa alwayz got lucky, you know
4 threadlines of royal boys
Mama never got an happy ending
Now, They'll definitely change their minds

Hey kiddo
Make plans for when the rain comes
For only the lazy scramble
At the sight of grey clouds"

Make hay while the sun shines
It's wicked stare,
A blessing in disguise
But for a short while

And always remember
Every night before you lay
A million dream awaits you
Just don't fall too deep

Though the sun bleaks today
And the wind whispers caution
I'm certain within me
Today, you'll find HOME

Papa doesn't look so bright today
And I seem to know why
But, no worries little June
You make it all right again

I know it's hard to understand now
But Mama aint so strong anymore
I do hope he finds happiness
Beaming through your smile too

Just so you know,
These grey hairs I've got
Won't keep me out of the game
I'll dance the happiest at your wedding

Look beyond the grey
Keep hope alive
It just might be our goldmine


I hear the Doctors approaching
It aint so long no more
I hope you forgive Mama
She's sorry,
Mama's never been too good at GOODBYES…

Cc: mylah_shyv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRACKS in the Street

NIGERIAN ABSENT FATHERS...

BLOCKCHAIN...The New Internet